Private wealth management services
Private wealth managers (PWMs) globally face challenges such as margin pressure, operational challenges and regulatory compliance. At Acuity Knowledge Partners (Acuity), we work with PWMs as an extension of their research teams and help build their proprietary research products across equity, fixed income and credit, and funds. We also provide PWMs with integrated solutions in areas such as sales and marketing, portfolio management, compliance and credit risk analysis to improve investment performance, enhance client servicing, attract new client assets and retain assets in the current complex business environment.
We are a deep-rooted financial services franchise, with expertise in regulatory-compliant customised research. We have worked closely with PWM clients for over a decade, offering them bespoke solutions that are cost effective and boost AuM growth.
Private wealth management services – Support We Offer
- Idea generation and validation
- Initiation of coverage
- Coverage maintenance including pre-earnings reports, reviews and company updates
- Newsletters, triggers, valuation sheets and other monitoring reports
- Sector and thematic research
- Background research
- End-to-end financial modelling support
- Basic corporate governance and ESG analysis
- Supervisory/editing support
- Know more about our equity research solutions
- Initiation and maintenance of primary and secondary coverage
- Support across investment grade, high yield, , sovereign debt, across Developed, Emerging and Frontier Markets
- Public Finance: Taxable and Tax-exempt
- Primary and Secondary investible universe research support
- Credit rating and investment recommendation
- Issuer rating review and recommendation
- Bond portraits and Issuer overview
- KPI driven financial models
- Corporate governance and management reviews
- Morning meeting commentary
- Sector dashboards with operating and financial metrics
- Creation and maintenance of bond and macro databases
- Sector reviews, and thematic research, country packs
- Newsletters, valuation sheets
- Bond screens (spread, yield, maturity, etc)
- Weekly market movers (analytical commentary on spread tightening and widening)
- Supervisory/editorial support
- Know more about our fixed income and credit research solutions
- ESG policies and framework analysis
- Analytics of ESG indicators and themes
- ESG scoring, rating and benchmarking
- Database preparation and maintenance
- Creation and maintenance of indices and portfolios
- Research report writing
- Forensic accounting
- Supervisory/editorial support
- Know more about our ESG research solutions
- Presentations, pitch books and conversation starters
- Fund/collective research and factsheets
- Marketing campaigns, promotional material and creative collateral
- Thought leadership blogs/articles, white papers, market and fund commentaries, etc.
- Seismic and other sales enablement platform maintenance
- RFP/DDQ support
- MIS reports and dashboards
- CRM and Salesforce management
- Digital marketing solutions including web analytics, search engine optimisation, lead scoring and web content management
- Know more about our fund marketing services solutions
- Underwriting/portfolio monitoring support and servicing support
- Credit reviews – borrower, counterparty and guarantor reviews
- Financial spreading
- Calculation of risk rating
- Covenant monitoring and validation
- Collateral management, LTV analysis
- Loan servicing
- Know more about our lending services solutions
- EDGE for Consultant Database (CDB) Uploads
- Automated Financial Model Builder
- Equity and FICC Analytics and Comp Builder
- Interactive Fund Factsheet Builder
- Web Audit and Data Extractor
- Sales and Client Newsletter Communicator
- Research Digitisation and Report Generator
- Interactive Charting and Readership Analytics
- MiFID II Dashboards and Interactive Charting
- Learn more about BEAT-enabled solutions
How we are different
ONE-STOP SHOP FOR PWMs - We are a one-stop shop meeting the needs of PWMs. We have deep domain knowledge and experience to navigate all day-to day client requirements including research and advisory, portfolio management, marketing and reporting, digital marketing, presales and marketing, credit risk analysis and compliance support
TRUSTED BY LEADING PRIVATE BANKS - We are a leading provider of bespoke solutions to PWMs. Our “greenfield” teams help create new research platforms and differentiation, meet regulatory needs and enhance speed to market
DEEP-ROOTED PWM FRANCHISE - We have longstanding relationships with leading global PWM clients; we help them free up front-office and onshore capacity to focus on revenue growth and franchise building
TOP TALENT - Out qualified team comprises CFAs, Chartered Accountants and MBAs, enabling us to offer near-shore capabilities and multi-language support
What we have done
Research support on non-core cross-asset research coverage list for a European PWM
What we are proud of
Enhanced research coverage with attribution to Acuity
Better leverage for onshore analysts/investment managers
Cross-asset research solution for a European PWM
What we are proud of
Over in savings and deadlines met seamlessly
Over productivity gains; more client-facing time
Our perspective on Private Wealth Management Services
Chatbots have arrived – does the financial ser.....
The global economy is riding high on digitalisation, with a number of digital tr.....Read More
Annual survey of private wealth managers 2020.....
Annual Survey of Private Wealth Managers 2019.....
Meet our experts
Priya has over 17 years of experience in equity research and financial auditing. At Acuity Knowledge Partners, she currently manages client relationship and delivery for leading private banks. She has been with the company for over 14 years and has led teams in sell-side and buy-side engagements. She previously worked at Ocwen Financial Services and as an auditor at Deloitte. Priya is a Chartered Accountant and holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Bangalore University.
Ramesh has over 19 years of experience in global capital markets – research and investment banking. Prior to joining Acuity Knowledge Partners, Ramesh worked with the offshore research and analytics units of Crisil and iGate, managing sell-side research and investment banking teams for global clients. He started his career as an investment banker at Ind Global Financial Trust (currently part of Ernst & Young’s corporate finance practice in India), advising companies on M&A and capital raising. He holds an MBA and a bachelor’s degree in Technology.
Pradeepa has over 13 years of work experience, including 11 years in fixed income and credit research. She heads the fixed income and credit research teams across our global delivery locations. Pradeepa has extensive experience in setting up, scaling, and managing buy-side and sell-side client engagements, and working closely with clients to meet their evolving needs and exceed their expectations. Her asset class expertise includes focus on complex high-yield, distressed and defunct issuers; and US Municipals. Prior to joining Acuity Knowledge Partners, she was an associate in the audit and business advisory wing of PricewaterhouseCoopers. Pradeepa is a Chartered Accountant and holds a bachelor’s degree in Commerce.
Sailaja Devireddy has 16 years of work experience and heads the Fund Marketing Services (FMS) division at Acuity Knowledge Partners. She specializes in the capital markets domain, including equity markets, fund solutions, and fund marketing support for asset managers and ETFs. She has vast experience in transitioning and leading global teams. She is actively involved in account management, client engagement and project management of large teams that provide end-to-end support to global asset managers on a variety of FMS activities. She is a qualified Chartered Accountant and Company Secretary
Senior Director, Head – Commercial Banking and Asset Management Business Development
Pedro Armstrong is a Director at Acuity Knowledge Partners and leads business development efforts in the Americas for the Corporate and Commercial Banking, Buy-side, and Sell-side segments. He is responsible for managing key client engagements and works in partnership with capital market firms to provide customized solutions across research and analytics support, origination and lending support, and marketing and compliance support. He has been with the organization for 12 years, serving in various roles across Sri Lanka, Costa Rica, and now the US. Prior to joining Acuity Knowledge Partners, he was a Central Bank Regulator at the Central Bank of Barbados. Pedro, who is a British Chevening Scholar, holds a Master’s degree (honors) in Banking and International Finance from Cass Business School, City University, London.
Chanakya Dissanayake leads the investment research vertical at Acuity and counts over 16 years with the firm. In addition, Chanakya manages the Colombo delivery center that provides investment research, quant – data science , commercial lending and FMS services. Investment research vertical is responsible for the buy-side, sell-side and private wealth management clientele that obtains equity and fixed income research from Acuity. Chanakya is a CFA charterholder and a fellow member of ACCA (UK) and CIMA (UK).
Balaji Ramakrishnan leads Europe and Middle East business development for Acuity. Having spent his formative years in core banking technology operations, he brings a deep understanding of credit processes and the ability to make analytics-driven decisions. He works closely with senior client stakeholders as a trusted partner, shaping the business case for scaled efficiencies through centralisation, standardisation and intelligent automation within Commercial Lending and Asset Management verticals.
Balaji has established long-term partnerships with banks, asset managers and insurance firms across a number of front and middle office transformation initiatives over the past 20 years. Prior to Acuity, he worked at Accenture and Oracle, serving European financial services clients. He holds an MBA from the London Business School.
Marie Filotti heads APAC Business Development at Acuity Knowledge Partners and is based in Hong Kong. She joined the firm in 2018 after 13 years in Investment Banking and Capital Markets, mainly at Nomura (previously Lehman Brothers), and also worked on the corporate side, having run Investor Relations at a China-based ASX-listed gas company. She uses her experience in the industry to advise our clients on best practices in implementation of engagements across all sectors. Marie holds a BA from Yale University and a Masters in Finance from Sciences-Po Paris.