Portfolio management support for private equity and venture capital firms
Acuity Knowledge Partners helps private equity and venture capital firms effectively manage their portfolio and fund operations. Our experienced subject-matter experts work closely with clients’ middle-office and back-office teams in portfolio monitoring, fund data extraction, validation and recording, quarterly valuation reporting and bespoke LP reporting.
We combine people, process and technology to provide automated and bespoke solutions to make our clients’ processes more efficient and effective for sustainable growth.
We are tech-agnostic and support 30+ private equity and venture capital clients using industry-leading portfolio monitoring tools (eFront, iLevel, BlackMountain) and our propriety portfolio monitoring tool BEAT FolioSure.
Portfolio Management | Fund Operations - Support we Offer
- BEAT FolioSure – Acuity’s portfolio monitoring and reporting tool
- LP bespoke reporting packages
- Monthly and quarterly fund factsheet production
- Financial statement reports
- Fund overviews and portfolio summaries
- Portfolio performance analytics
- Support on iLevel/eFront or other third-party monitoring and reporting tools
- Board meeting decks
- Customised dashboards (Tableau and PowerBI support)
- Data validation support
- Fund leverage analysis and risk assessment
- ESG reporting support
- CRM database update
- DTP/InDesign support
- NAV calculation/reconciliation
- Monthly NAV reconciliation for limited partners
- Liaison with fund administrators to resolve investor queries
- Preparation of monthly NAV reports for clients’ investment entities
- Recording of each cash flow activity including capital call/distribution
- Recording of quarterly valuation information based on CAS
- Generation and reconciliation of weekly/monthly cash flow reports
- Reconciliation of operating expenses and realised proceeds using financial reports and cash flows
- Recording of performance information and benchmarking
- Analysis of clients’ investment exposure
- Saving and tagging GP materials for periodic reporting
- Generation of multiple/IRR reports through fund administrator portals
- Fund administration and tool experience – eFront, iLevel, Burgiss, Citco, FIS SS&C, Investran
- BEAT FolioSure – Acuity’s portfolio monitoring and reporting tool
- Financial, operational and valuation KPI tracking at fund and portfolio-company levels
- Fund and portfolio benchmarking
- Peer group benchmarking
- Automation solution – fund data extractor to source information from GP materials
- Third-party PM tool implementation and maintenance – eFront, iLevel
How we are different
ONE-STOP SHOP FOR PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT AND OPERATIONS
We provide comprehensive service offerings supporting all aspects of the private equity investment lifecycle
STRONG PRIVATE EQUITY DOMAIN EXPERTISE TO UNDERTAKE COMPLEX TASKS
Ability to support clients on middle- and back-office functions across valuation, administration, monitoring and reporting activities
STRATEGIC AND CONSULTATIVE APPROACH
Experience in helping realise long-term growth strategies by identifying opportunities and enhancing portfolio performance to derive maximum value from existing investments
STRONG EXPERIENCE ON ALL TYPES OF TOOLS AND SOFTWARES
Technology-agnostic support: We serve over 40 private equity clients across portfolio management and operations working on leading portfolio monitoring and reporting tools/software
PROPRIETARY MANAGED DIGITAL SERVICE MODEL FOR PORTFOLIO MONITORING
We provide managed service for portfolio monitoring using our proprietary digital platform FolioSure and experience domain experts
Meet our experts
Pratap leads the Private Equity and Venture Capital practices at Acuity Knowledge Partners, responsible for managing and developing client relationships and overseeing multiple accounts. He has extensive experience in managing direct investments, primary fund investments, FoFs and complex secondary transactions. Over the last 14 years, he has been involved in more than 5,000 Private Markets deals.
Sumit heads the Consulting & Private Equity vertical at Acuity Knowledge Partners. He also oversees the China Delivery Centre. Sumit is responsible for strategy formulation and implementation, innovation and business development, in addition to providing oversight to delivery groups. He has more than 18 years’ experience across diverse lines of services, including private equity, consulting, market research, investment banking, and commercial banking. In his previous roles at Acuity Knowledge Partners, Sumit was instrumental in setting up the Investment Banking vertical and multiple other services. He also led the business turnaround of a subsidiary company as its COO. He is a chartered accountant and a national rank holder in the foundation level of ICAI.
Senior Director, Head – Commercial Banking and Asset Management Business Development
Pedro Armstrong is a Director at Acuity Knowledge Partners and leads business development efforts in the Americas for the Corporate and Commercial Banking, Buy-side, and Sell-side segments. He is responsible for managing key client engagements and works in partnership with capital market firms to provide customized solutions across research and analytics support, origination and lending support, and marketing and compliance support. He has been with the organization for 12 years, serving in various roles across Sri Lanka, Costa Rica, and now the US. Prior to joining Acuity Knowledge Partners, he was a Central Bank Regulator at the Central Bank of Barbados. Pedro, who is a British Chevening Scholar, holds a Master’s degree (honors) in Banking and International Finance from Cass Business School, City University, London.
Senior Director, Investment Banking, Private Equity and Consulting Business Development
Adrian leads Business Development across Investment Banking, Private Equity and Consulting clients in EMEA and APAC. He has 20 years' experience working in the financial services industry, having spent 13 years working in Equity Capital Markets for Rothschild and RBS, before moving to Acuity Knowledge Partners in 2013. He has a deep knowledge of financial markets, having originated and executed over USD50bn of ECM transactions across a wide range of sectors, products and geographies. He has extensive experience working with and advising the majority of Investment Banking coverage and product groups, and leading global Private Equity firms. Adrian holds a MA (Hons Oxon) in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from the University of Oxford.
Marie Filotti heads APAC Business Development at Acuity Knowledge Partners and is based in Hong Kong. She joined the firm in 2018 after 13 years in Investment Banking and Capital Markets, mainly at Nomura (previously Lehman Brothers), and also worked on the corporate side, having run Investor Relations at a China-based ASX-listed gas company. She uses her experience in the industry to advise our clients on best practices in implementation of engagements across all sectors. Marie holds a BA from Yale University and a Masters in Finance from Sciences-Po Paris.