Published on December 22, 2016 by Vikas Arora
Private Equity (PE) offshoring is becoming increasingly popular among asset managers, as this allows them to screen and evaluate more opportunities within the limited time they have at hand. Onshore analysts are able to focus more on idea generation and other revenue-generating activities, as most routine – yet time-sensitive – tasks are taken care of by the offshoring partner.
Typical challenges faced by PE firms when offshoring:
A PE firm may need support across the investment value chain, from identification, pre-acquisition diligence, and transaction advisory to post-acquisition support. Identifying the right offshoring partner is a key challenge, as the partner needs to be agile and deliver quickly while providing flexibility to scale up the relationship. No doubt the expectation is to deliver high-quality work at competitive costs.
At MA Knowledge Services, we understand client needs and strive to provide an experience that is different from a typical offshoring relationship – one that is more often than not transactional and process based. Our approach is closer to insourcing than outsourcing where we work as an extension of the PE firms. Leveraging Offshoring to Scale Private Equity Practice
5 ways in which we deliver exponential value to PE firms
- Support at each stage of the investment life cycle Supporting the PE firm right from the time of initial screening to target evaluation, portfolio monitoring, value enhancement, and investment exit.
- Direct support to portfolio companies Directly supporting different portfolio companies on both strategic and research-based projects, including performance improvement projects.
- Enhanced skill set, including consulting support Serving both ends of the spectrum – deep dives, which would include both commercial and strategic support in the due diligence carried out before acquisitions, and also quick-turnaround assignments, where the key differentiator is speed. Support includes understanding the objective, designing the issue tree analysis, performing rigorous business and financial research, developing insight, and conducting client walk through.
- Stringent processes Following a highly interactive model with clients, where the team focuses not only on providing data but also understanding broad objectives and overall client requirements. Documenting quality-check procedures, with a focus on client-specific requirements related to templates, graphics, and storylines.
- Effective client engagement Understanding client needs and providing support at different levels, which is the key success factor for an outsourcing partner. MA Knowledge Services plays a critical role in evaluating client needs and documenting learning’s to meet client expectations and support them on projects with varied levels of complexity.
For more information email email@example.com
What's your view?
Thank you for sharing your Comments
About the Author
Senior Vice President, Private Equity and Consulting
Flexible and low-cost model for expanding resear....
Executive summary A host of factors are making China’s A-share market attractive to glo....Read More
The commercial payments journey in banking....
College basketball coach Michael Krzyzewski once said, “Growth creates complexity, which....Read More
Rebooting RFP teams for commercial banks....
Winning mandates in this changing socio-economic landscape has seldom been more decisive. ....Read More
Like the way we think?
Next time we post something new, we'll send it to your inbox